Monday, September 29, 2014

Lost and Found

Recently, I resigned from my 7-year old job and migrated here in Cebu in pursuit of my mom's last wish and for self-validation. My first week alone was much of a struggle. (My aunt accompanied me here but she had to leave days after my cousin and I settle in a place near school)  I could barely comprehend with people because of language barrier, thus, looking and going to places became more complex for me. The only mean of transportation I could grab was a taxi cab. The only place I could go to was the nearest canteen where my aunt and I used to eat when she was still here. Needless to say, the only food I could order was the chicken intestine (isaw), chicken barbecue and a cup of rice. *poor belly*

Then came a "eureka" moment one morning. "What the hell am I doing here? Have I forgotten what my reasons are?" I could have acted at my age before I landed in  the queen city of the south. Who still gets accompanied at thirty nowadays? Lols. ONLY ME. :)

The next day, I started walking around. I was able to go to the nearest supermarket and bought myself decent snacks. Yesterday, I discovered that Sto. Rosario Parish was just few meters away from my place. And just this morning, I was able to do some of my errands, visit the the famous "Basilica de Sto. Nino" and most of all... get myself a possible temporary source of income (if I'll get lucky tomorrow). Indeed, changes and beginnings should always start within oneself. I would admit, I got lost but I just found myself back in the journey. :)
“Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to
our attention by external opportunities.” ~William Throsby Bridges

1 comment:

  1. what happen next? I'm waiting for the next.. what is lost and found in Queen City of the South :)

    ReplyDelete